Modern Bubbling 1.0.3 now available.
It's been a long time coming — almost 3 years — but I've finally released an update for Modern Bubbling. I have been working on the 1.x branch for about a year and a half. The 1.0 branch is based on code from about a year ago, which I have been using myself since then without any problems. The latest state of the art code which adds a number of features is part of the 1.1 branch, which I'll be finalizing very soon.
I didn't release any 1.0 build till now because I considered 1.1 a major improvement, and it was close to being ready. But I never quite found enough time to work on it, and before I knew it almost a year had gone by. Hence, 1.0.x is released to bring some newer code to the public, and to finally address the Safari 4 bugs.
That said, 1.0.x does include a much requested Compact version, which places consecutive messages within the same message bubble.
Recommended companion Xtras for Modern Bubbling
- Sometimes message style wont display correctly after installation till you relaunch Adium (if you are updating Modern Bubbling you have to relaunch Adium so the cached style sheets are reloaded from disk).
- Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong words causes the message to go out of view, and its not scrollable. This is due to limitations in current CSS standards.
- Sometimes when changing variants, the reflection on user icons in currently open chats disappear on all existing messages, but any new messages will have a reflection.
- When setting the message style font to Lucida Grande, the last letter of single word messages seems to be placed on a new line. This seems to be a font-rendering bug related to Lucida Grande specifically cause i haven't gotten the same results with any other fonts i've tried.
- Fixed: Safari 5 issue related to the rendering of smilies. (thanks to Dj Cezzy for reporting the bug)
v1.0 beta 7
- Fixed: All Safari 4 issues, and a related issue introduced with v1.0b7.
- "Beta" status officially removed in fear of always keeping it "just to be safe". Not to mention the message style is quite stable now a days.
- Added: A "Compact" version which places consecutive messages within the same chat bubble. This is one of the most requested features.
- Fixed: Most of the Safari 4 issues.
- A large rewrite to a lot of the under-the-hood code.
- Misc. visual tweaks to improve the experience.
- Fixed: Alternative Glass variants now all use the glass header like the normal Glass variants rather than the default blue/tiger header style.
- Added: Collapsable header with two different styles depending on variant used. (Thanks to Tony Via for sending me his original mod which added a header. I've modified his work a bit to more fit my own taste. Also, the original blue header image by Tony is based on the one used in Safari RSS, i just added a drop shadow :P)
- Fixed: Custom font bug has been fixed, and you can now set any font you like in the message style preferences and messages will behave accordingly. This only applies to the messages themselves, the header and status messages always use helvetica.
- Other minor changes here and there have also been made.
You can reply to individual comments by clicking the "Reply" link next to each.
Post a New Comment
You must be logged in to post comments.
Alpha & Beta Testers:
Permission to include White Bubbling clone by Sev (www.betabong.com)
User icon reflections generated by Cow's (cow.neondragon.net) Reflection.js script.