Display the last track you've submitted on your Last.fm account. If you're like me and play your music on another computer or media center, you can use this Xtra to show the track you're playing now or recently played. Just like Last.fm it displays either:
"currently listening to Come To Daddy by Aphex Twin"
or, if the song is played more then 10 minutes ago:
"was listening to Come To Daddy by Aphex Twin 23 minutes ago"
"was listening to Come To Daddy by Aphex Twin 1h and 4m ago"
It's Last.fm friendly, since it uses a delay for fetching the last track of the last.fm server.
Put the following in your name, status message or message:
username: your last.fm username
delay: refresh time for fetching track of server (Adium refreshes like every 30 sec. so set delay to '6' for every 3 minutes)
You can change the text 'currently listening to' and 'was listening to ... ago' easily by doing the following:
- Go to "Users/'your mac username'/Library/Application Support/Adium 2.0/Scripts/"
- Rightclick on "Last.fm Last Track.AdiumScripts" select "Show Package Contents"
- Go to "Contents/Recources/"
- Open "Music.scpt" (doubleclick)
- Search (cmd+f) for "currently listening to" or "was listening to" and change it into whatever you want (mind the spaces after the sentences)! You can also change the others texts between the "" like "minutes ago" etc.
- Save the AppleScript
- Restart Adium!
I'm not responsible for anything that could affect you or your computer when using this script ;-) Also, this is my first Adium script so if you find any bugs or have improvements of the script, leave a comment or contact me through my Last.fm profile: http://www.last.fm/user/hexagram/